Software Development Team Lead
ESTECO SpA is hiring a Software Development Team Lead for its Pune, India office.
Place of Work: Pune, India
Employment Type: Permanent full time
What you’ll be doing
You will be able to:
- Build modules, services and integrations to create scalable engineering systems
- Play a key role in product design and development
- Work as an individual contributor in a collaborative team environment
- Act as mentor, guide and example for the rest of the team
- Be responsible for completing the software development cycle and the team’s code quality measures (code reviews and technical standards such as TDD)
- Build close partnership with other technical groups at ESTECO
- Experiment with new technologies and frameworks to be adopted in our products
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives such as scalability and performance
- Interact with local and international colleagues of our Indian, Italian and USA offices
What we need to see
• Bachelor of Engineering or Masters in Computer Science.
• 10+ years of experience as a senior software developer, software architect or team lead
• Backend or Full-Stack experience
• Work experience with object oriented languages and patterns like Java, Golang, C/C++, C#, Python
• Understanding of data structures, problem solving approaches, and ability to articulate trade offs
• Passion for creating highly effective technology platform
• Experience with Agile development (e.g. Scrum/Kanban frameworks)
• Be future looking; we might be focused on immediate regulations, but need to build for the long term
• Comfortable with tackling ambiguous problems and unblocking yourself
• Focus on building high quality products with TDD and Continuous Integration
• Data driven in how you solve problems and validate you've solved them correctly
• Have a strong desire to mentor the careers and development of other engineers
• Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ways to stand out from the crowd (optional skills)
• Exposure to and interest in Open Source frameworks, tools, and technologies.
• Experience in continuous integration & deployment practices.
• Strong knowledge of Test-driven Development (TDD)
• Hands on experience in Networking and Multi-threading
• Experience in inter-process communication and monitoring OS processes