ESTECO SpA is hiring Software Development Engineers for its Pune, India office.
Place of Work: Pune, India
Employment Type: Permanent full time
What you’ll be doing
You will be able to:
• Build services and APIs to create scalable engineering systems
• Play a key role in product design and development
• Responsible for complete software development cycle
• Build close partnership with other technical groups at Esteco
• Experiment with new technologies and frameworks to be adopted in our products
• Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives such as scalability and performance
• Interact with local and international colleagues of our Indian, Italian and USA offices
What we need to see
• Bachelor of Engineering or Masters in Computer Science.
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer in a work-setting
• Backend or Full-Stack experience
• Work experience or open-source code in any of the following languages:
Java, Golang, C/C++, C#, Python
• Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale application (e.g. well-designed APIs, high
volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
• Understanding of data structures and problem solving approaches, and ability to articulate trade offs
• Passion for creating highly effective technology platform
• Experience with Agile development
• Be future looking; we might be focused on immediate regulations, but need to build for the long term
• Comfortable with tackling ambiguous problems and unblocking yourself
• Focus on building high quality products
• Data driven in how you solve problems and validate you've solved them correctly
• Have a strong desire to mentor the careers and development of other engineers
• Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ways to stand out from the crowd
• Exposure to and interest in Open Source frameworks, tools, and technologies.
• Experience in continuous integration & deployment practices.
• Strong knowledge of Test-driven Development (TDD)
• Hands on experience in Networking and Multi-threading
• Experience in inter-process communication and monitoring OS processes