ESTECO SpA is hiring Software Development Engineers for its Pune, India office.
Place of Work: Pune, India
Employment Type: Permanent full time
You will be responsible for designing and developing our products, with technologies including Java SE/EE. You will work in an Agile team (Scrum) developing desktop and web application and improving the quality of our code with continuous delivery and continuous integration techniques.
What you’ll be doing
You will be able to:
• exploit your knowledge of technologies
• learn new technologies and concepts about product development
• give your active contribution to the design and implementation of our applications
• interact with local and international colleagues of our Indian, Italian and USA offices
What we need to see
• Bachelor of Engineering or Masters in Computer Science.
• 2+ years of experience as a software developer utilizing OOA/OOD, especially Java.
• Hands-on experience on Linux and Windows platforms.
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms.
• Excellent programming skills.
• Good problem solving techniques.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Proactive attitude and willingness to learn.
• Good teamwork skills (communication, openness).
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
• Ability to think abstractly.
Ways to stand out from the crowd
• Knowledge of Agile software development processes (Scrum, Kanban).
• Knowledge of Test-driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration.
• Knowledge of Software Testing techniques and tools.
• Build tools like Maven, Gradle.
• Experience with Git, Perforce or other versioning systems.
• Sound understanding of putting in place and leading activities such as, design reviews, code reviews, CI/CD (using Hydra etc.).