ESTECO North America, Inc. has an opening for an Application Engineer to perform data analysis, process integration and CAE analysis for product design in engineering optimization projects in the automotive and aerospace engineering domain.
The main duties are:
- Improve automotive product design for OEMs using modeFRONTIER, ESTECO’s proprietary engineering and design optimization software.
- Apply knowledge of mechanical engineering principles to conduct detailed technical discussions with engineers regarding OEMs automotive product designs and the application of modeFRONTIER to improve product design, systems and customer process.
- Design optimization of hardpoint variables in Chassis vehicle models.
- Support automotive CAE integration projects using modeFRONTIER.
- Prepare design optimization strategies and selection of optimization algorithms.
- Develop python scripts for integration of OEM’s in-house CAE tools with modeFRONTIER, having successfully integrated a multi-body full-vehicle simulation software.
- Develop scripts for postprocessing of results from commercial finite element code Abaqus for ease of integration in modeFRONTIER for optimization problems.
- Use Python scripts to retrieve field outputs such as stress, strain, displacements and history outputs such as reaction forces, bolt forces for different models.
- Develop in-house software application programs for CAE Engineers to automate different Chassis optimization processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor - Mechanical Engineering or a related field of study; will accept equivalent foreign degree
2 years working experience in the position above, as a Systems Engineer, or in a related mechanical engineering role;
Experience must include: Teamcenter Engineering, data management and workflow design, Java and Python
excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Multiple undetermined worksites throughout the U.S.
Send resume to:
VP Business Development
ESTECO North America Inc.
39555 Orchard Hill Place
Novi, MI 48375
Job Code LC19-101